Collecting New And Gently Used Sports Equipment At Sheriff’s Substations
The newly formed Sheriff PAL (Police Athletics League) Program is now accepting new and gently used sporting equipment for all sporting activities at many of the Oakland County Sheriff’s substations throughout Oakland County. Sheriff Bouchard is asking residents, schools, and businesses to go through their inventory of sports equipment, garages, or basements and consider donating sports equipment to this exciting new program.
The mission of the Sheriff PAL Program is to create a safe environment and a structure within which law enforcement will support and inspire young people to reach their full potential, utilizing athletics and other programs geared to improving the lives of participants. Such programs promote selfconfidence, selfesteem, civic engagement, academic achievement, and help create and form better members of society.
New and used sports equipment of all types is now being accepted.
In particular, the following items are needed for all ages:
- Baseball/Softball– Gloves, bats, balls, batting tees, throw down bases, plug in bases, certified helmets, hitting nets, iron mike pitching machine, batting cage set up, catchers equipment (used)
- Basketball– Basketballs, men’s and women’s sizes balls, air pumps/inflators, elbow pads or knee pads (used all sizes)
- Boxing - Gloves, headgear, hand wraps, mouth guards, athletic tape, flat training paddles, heavy bag, speed bags
- Cheer/Tumbling - Mats (foam), athletic mats, spring mat, tumbling mat, poms (new)
- Field EquipmentGatorade jugs, water jugs, plastic/paper cups, whistles, stopwatches, scorecards, scorekeeping equipment, pens and accessories
- Football - Regulation size footballs/Junior size footballs, certified helmets, certified shoulder pads, and leg guards, pants with padding inserts, mouthguards (new), kicking tees, large tshirts for practice, practice blockers (pad), tackling dummies
- Golf– Clubs, golf balls, golf gloves, soft spikes, plastic training sets, plastic golf balls, netting
- Lacrosse - Lax balls, shoulder pads, arm guards, helmets, sticks, nets, gloves
- Soccer - Shin guards, balls, plastic practice cones, training and mobile soccer nets
- Swim– goggles (new)
- Training Equipment - Medicine Balls, Kick Balls, field training equipment, field paint, line chalkers, field drags, rakes (field maintenance equipment)
- Tennis - Rackets, tennis balls
- Track and Field – hurdle sets, shot put set, discus sets, javelin sets, relay batons
- Volleyball - Volleyballs, Mobile nets, knee pads
- Wrestling - Headgear, mouth guards, wrestling mats, athletic supporters (new)
Oakland County Sheriff’s Office Locations DropOff sites:
- Headquarters, 1200 N. Telegraph Rd., Building 38E, Pontiac 48341
- Brandon Twp. Substation, 15 South St., Ortonville 48462
- Commerce Twp. Substation, 2401 Glengary, Commerce Twp. 48390
- Highland Twp. Substation, 165 N. John St., Highland Twp. 48356
- Independence Twp. Substation, 6560 Citation Drive, Independence Twp. 48346
- Lyon Twp. Substation, 58000 Grand River, Lyon Twp. 48165
- Orion Twp. Substation, 2525 Joslyn Road, Lake Orion 48360
- Oxford Twp. Substation, 310 Dunlap Rd., Oxford 48371
- Pontiac Substation, 110 East Pike Street, Pontiac 48342
- Rochester Hills Substation, 750 Barclay Circle, Rochester Hills, 48307
Cash donations can be made via PayPal or they may be mailed to Sheriff PAL Program at 1200 N. Telegraph Rd., Bldg. 38E, Pontiac, MI 48341.
Donations may be taxdeductible under section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)3